Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Chase Credit Card was hacked!

There are some folks there trying to steal money from your pocket. They target those who shop online. I have no idea how they did it? I got my chase credit card statement today and found out that there were severl unauthorized transactions charged to my credit card account. It showed that someone charged my account on "BIZRUSONLINE LONDON GBR (POUND STERLING) and something like "luckie games". There were total USD400.00 unauthorized transactions chared to my account. I called Chase security 1-800-955-9060 and found out there were still more unauthorized transactions charged to my account in February. This is very serious! The bank took the report and closed my account immediately. They said that they would send me a new credit card in a week. I think the Chase bank did a very great job. They are very professional. I was shocked to see there are really someone out there stealing my credit card information and made the purchase!  I can't believe that this is happening to me! I like shopping online in ebay and pay through paypal. I have done lots of shopping online during Christmas and Valentinet's day. But I don't know if I can trust online shopping any more. I think I am gonna to quit using credit card in the future.
This is the warning to those who like shopping online, you have to be very careful to check your statement every month and make sure that some criminials didn't steal your credit card information.
This is the worse experience I have ever have with shopping online. I want to remind everyone who is using credit card shopping online, if there is any unauthorized transaction that charged to your account and later was charged back to your account. Don't feel like it is OK. It might be a mistake transaction, this is the sign of your account being hacked. This happend to me many months ago, every month I got the statement there was always one unauthorized transaction charged to my account and then was charged back to my account again. when I saw this, I thought it was OK because it was credited back to my account. If I reported this suspicious behaviour in those transaction, this would not happen today.
So, my suggestion is REPORT any transaction that you could not recognize , eventhough that transaction was credited back to your account. REPORT them to the bank security department, they know how to stop this!

No comments: